The kid is sick today, so he’s home from school.

This morning he wanted hot chocolate. So I made some. He wanted it upstairs in bed. So I brought it upstairs.

He drank half of it.

The remaining half, now cold in the mug beside the bed, has been discovered by the cat.

Everyone knows chocolate is bad for dogs. It’s also bad for cats. I googled it. If it’s on the internet it must be true.

Fortunately, she didn’t drink much, and it’s not dark chocolate, and it’s not even very strong hot (now cold) chocolate. It’s not likely to be lethal.

The article says that, based on the type and amount of chocolate consumed, I can expect the cat to vomit, be agitated and be thirsty. I don’t see how this is any different from the cat’s normal behavior. So, all is well.

Except I still have a sick kid.